I am not quite sure where I came across the idea or why I originally researched the information but, just like everything else, there is a market for breast milk. I came across a couple websites that could be useful to lactating mothers who are strapped for cash, have an abundance of breast milk, and would like to share their milk with babies in need.
Mothers Milk Coop
I have not personally sold my breast milk but I came across a website, similar to Craigslist, solely for people who are looking to sell and buy breast milk. OnlyTheBreast has been featured on several big name media outlets like ABC, Dr. Oz, and Dailymail. OnlyTheBreast allows lactating women to sell their milk or wet nursing services.
There are a few questions you may what to answer when you are thinking about selling your milk.
- Will your child have enough milk is you sell your milk?
- How do you feel about men doing God knows what with a product your body made? (OnlyTheBreast allows men to post ads on the boards.)
- How do you feel about nursing babies that are not your biological spawn (otherwise known as wet nursing)?
- Are you conflicted about selling milk instead of donating it?
- Do you want to help babies who otherwise do not have access to breast milk while making a profit?
Please like, share, and comment on this post.